Rugby is a fast-paced, physical sport that requires a lot of strength and stamina. If you’re thinking of taking up women’s rugby, here are a few tips to help you get started.
You don’t need to be tall and big to play women’s rugby
Rugby is a sport for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re big or small, fast or slow, strong or weak. Anyone can play rugby and that’s what makes it such a great sport.
Women’s rugby is especially inclusive, with teams made up of players of all shapes and sizes. So if you’re thinking about giving rugby a try, don’t let your size stop you. You don’t need to be tall and big to play women’s rugby. All you need is a willingness to try something new and a desire to have some fun.
Get tough, but stay safe
Rugby is a tough sport, and women’s rugby is no exception. But just because it’s a tough sport doesn’t mean you shouldn’t play it. In fact, rugby can be a great way to get exercise and release some stress. And while it’s important to be tough on the field, it’s also important to stay safe. Here are a few tips to help you do just that.
- Always warm up before playing. This will help you avoid injury and will also get you ready for the physicality of the game.
- Be aware of your surroundings and know who’s around you at all times. This way you can avoid getting tackled by someone who’s not paying attention.
- Wear proper protective gear. This includes a mouthguard, shoulder pads, and shin guards and our upcoming body armour.
- Padded Clothing.
- Player Monitoring Devices.
- Studs & Outsoles.
Find your people
Finding people to play with for any sport can be difficult, but for women’s rugby, it can seem impossible. There are a lot of factors that go into it – where you live, your level of experience, and your schedules. But don’t give up hope! There are plenty of ways to find great people to play with, you just need to know where to look.
Here are a few tips on how to find great people to play with for women’s rugby:
– Check out local rugby clubs. This is a great way to meet people who are already interested in the sport.
– Ask around! Chances are, someone you know already plays rugby and can introduce you to other players.
– Check out online forums and message boards dedicated to rugby.
Buy Quality Women’s Protective Gear From Fempro Armour Today
If you’re a female athlete, then don’t settle for using men’s or unisex protective gear. Instead, get the protective gear that you deserve. Here at Fempro Armour, we specialise in offering body armour that has been specifically designed with female anatomy and requirements in mind. We’re proud to stock a wide range of top-quality body armour for women athletes, ensuring that you can compete with full peace of mind that you’re as protected and as comfortable as possible. Checkout our range of protective gear, by clicking HERE
This is what World Rugby has to say